Friday, August 26

The flash drive, the MP3 and the digitaker. I bought my first flash drive, a Twin Mos 128 MB, for 1,900 pesos last year, 2004. Then the office (that of the Philippine Journal of Crop Science) bought a 512 MB flash drive, a PQi. Then my son Jomar bought me a Next Base 128 MB all-around – a flash drive, an MP3 player, an FM radio, and what I call a digitaker, which is both a sound recorder and player. The other week, I bought a new model of a Twin Mos 128 MB flash drive – this one had a tilt cover to ensure you don’t leave the cover when you travel.

Now, why my preoccupation with flash drives? I’ll give you several reasons. (1) They’re called flash drives because they are fast, very fast – they are lightning quick when you copy files to them or from them. (2) They are instantly readable by every other computer – as long as you’re using Windows XP or higher as your operating system. No need to install them by software. (3) They have a huge storage area (up to 1GB). (4) They are tiny and easy to carry. (5) They are easy to use. (6) They keep you company when you don’t have any: you can play the sound or the music; the MP3 sound is fantastic. (7) They make an attractive accessory to the clothing one is wearing. And what do I see? The flash drive is the end of the tape recorder & player, the Sony Walkman and Discman, and the beginning of a new information technology (IT) revolution. IT is only right.

2 Comments:

At 19:18, Blogger Steve said...

I just got a flash drive ... I don't know how I ever lived without it.

 
At 08:25, Blogger Frank A Hilario said...

Steve, I notice your croc, which I view as a dragon: I'm a Chinese Dragon (Virgo). I'm new to blogging and I have yet to learn how to put in photos and graphics and such. Yesterday, September 3, I learned to put Links to my blogsite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home