Sunday, October 29


(43)
Jasmine Trias: #3 in #3
She's #1 in my heart

I watched the GMA7 show last night, 22 June 2006 Manila time, and I forgot to take notes! Blame it on age (66), but also blame it on why, it was so absorbing and inspiring I had tears in my eyes (I'm male, I'm sentimental - I'm a writer). I browsed the Internet too a few minutes ago and I was reminded that she was #3 in American Idol #3. In the TV show, 'The Jasmine Trias Story,' I learned that she was about going, going, gone ... when people, probably mostly Filipinos, began texting (SMS-ing) American Idol that they (the texters) wanted her to stay and so she was voted into the top 3. (Official photo from American Idol) The Philippines is not the text capital of the world for nothing. Based on the TV show, she lost because of a bad throat: tonsilitis, laryngitis, sore throat whatever. (I personally thought it was bad judging.)

I would like 'The Jasmine Trias Story' to be replayed (and replayed) because I like the story and I missed many quotables. As a writer, I feel that the story was very well written: if a writer can make another writer cry, he must be very good. Still, I can share three lessons. One (from my wife): How to be a good father (I know I am not a good father). Two: How to go on: Jas' father (I didn't get the name) was telling her that he was not a good father, he was not a good husband etc, but one thing he knew: His daughter was beautiful and had talent. Win some, lose some. 'Don't disappoint yourself,' he told her when she lost a contest. Three: How to succeed: Jas lost the audition for American Idol the first time. (I don't know if there was a second time.) Jas was going to give up on American Idol. It was too much for her. When American Idol 3 came to

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home