Sunday, October 29

(31)
WOrDOg & The Word
According To Bill Gates


This one's dedicated to BILL GATES' WORD, better known as MICROSOFT WORD, warts and ALL. I love ALL.

Yes, 'WOrDOg' sounds like 'bird dog.' That's intentional. If you ask me, that's a good name for a new blog in Weblog, Inc: WOrDOg. You write it like that, two eyes wide open. The way it looks describes exactly what I have in mind and want to say about two things, obviously: Word and Dog. Strange bedfellows, unless you're talking about a talking dog. I'm not. I give you my word I’m talking about Bill Gates' Word and the faunal species animal scientists like to call Canis lupus familiaris when they don't want to familiarize the layman in you with the species who owns the original canine teeth. A different species themselves, scientists like to talk among themselves; they're too technical. Me, I'd like to talk to you and not be technical. I'm a dog when it comes to digging out the treasures of BG's Word from the ground up. In other words, let me introduce myself, I'm a brand new species I have had the privilege of recreating and calling myself with a new name: WOrDOg.

Will Bill Gates be pleased? Probably not. They don't even allow dogs in Microsoft, unlike in Google. Long ago, it was dog eats dog when it came to the business of Netscape, that which started BG browsing, but that was as close as Microsoft could stomach the smell of that four-footed species. I'm afraid of dogs myself but, you know, to get rid of your fear, you have to confront it.

And why am I plugging a software that doesn't need my plugging, when I know that there's OpenOffice.org 2 that gives me WRITER and it's ALMOST AS GOOD as BG’s Word? The keyword is ALMOST. I love the idea of open source, but I love more the idea of a software that does my bidding, a software dog that I can make jump through hoops. And that's BG's Word. (Right now, you can make BG's Word jump yourself. Open an old Word file and, before doing anything else, press Shift+F5. Didn't work? Open another old file and try again.)

Are you the top dog or the underdog? I am WOrDOg, and I am both. Welcome to my blogworld. WOrDOg intends to teach you, or enthuse you, whichever comes first, about:

(1) Sometimes my love for BG's Word, the most powerful word processing software in the world. It will be my pleasure to show you how I came to think that this is so.

(2) Sometimes my unlove. There must be some lesson there somewhere, if only we can find it. And if BG's Word comes, can Bill Gates be far behind?

Now then, what you will be getting is THE WORD ACCORDING TO FRANK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home