Sunday, October 29

(34)
My Bio


I'm WOrDOg. My name is FRANK A HILARIO and I live in Luzon, the biggest island among the 7000 islands called the Philippines; I'm a Filipino and I speak Filipino as well as I do the language of the full-blooded Ilocano that I am, but in effect my brain lives in the United States of America, since I prefer to think and write in the language of the ones who colonized my country in the late 19th century. I like green bucks but not green jokes. So, I am a strange bedfellow to me and myself. Some of my countrymen call my propensity for things American COLONIAL MENTALITY; I simply call it CONGENIALITY.

I'm a farm boy who wanted to take up journalism in college and ended up becoming a teacher and passing, to be sure, my country's Teacher's Exam, 80.65%, which isn't so bad, in fact it's good. So, from the 20th to the 21st century, I have been teaching myself by myself, well, word processing and desktop publishing and tweaking MICROSOFT WINDOWS and MICROSOFT WORD at someone else's expense (HE'S A BILLIONAIRE anyway, if you know what & who I mean). As a teacher, my best student is me. So, for instance, I have taught myself up to guru level and gleefully been using Word 2003 - which I prefer to call Bill Gates' Word or BG's Word -- to productively one-man-band (rewrite, edit, desktop-publish) a highly technical journal, the PHILIPPINE JOURNAL OF CROP SCIENCE, so much so that this journal is now one year ahead in its issues. That's worth a Guinness Book of World/Word Record. (Check this out if you don't believe me: http://cropsciencephilippines.blogspot.com. And I'm talking of BG's Word as my desktopper, not Adobe PageMaker and not Microsoft Publisher or some other software that other editors and layout artists would swear by. I of course also taught myself, well, blogging, and you can see for yourself if you check out all the links you see when you visit my http://aromalight.blogspot.com. In fact I have more blogs than you can see.

I'm married to one woman, and intend to be so for the rest of my life. When people ask me how many children I have, I reply, only one. Only one? Only one – one dozen. I am that prolific. (But don't ask me about birthdays.) I am that prolific also when it comes to writing. That explains why I have so far written and published nine long feature articles in as many diverse topics for the AMERICAN CHRONICLE – here's the URL if you want to check me out (and find a bit more about me): www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewByAuthor.asp?authorID=700


Note well this: I have more than 20 blogs (I prefer to call them BLOGSITES) and hundreds of posts (I prefer to call them BLOGS). To paraphrase Omar Khayyam:

My moving finger writes; and having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

Above all, remember this: I am the fellow who when he writes, most of the time he uses BG's Word; sometimes he uses pen and paper – sometimes he uses his head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home